ABOUT THE FOUNDATION FOR WHICH WE RAISE FUNDS:
“Fondation Paradis des Indiens” In 1975, Michaelle de Verteuil (Mica), Founder and President of “Fondation Paradis des Indiens” relocated from Canada to Haiti to dedicate her life to the people of Abricots, Haiti. With her experience as a former teacher in Canada, Mica began her work in Abricots by opening a two-room school house serving 60 children, the poorest of the poor. She now oversees more than 2500 students in 8 schools; the village school and 7 additional satellite schools in the mountain area. Her scope is wide as she also supervises the workshops and the various projects of the ‘Foundation’. The mission of Fondation Paradis des Indiens” is to educate the underprivileged children and adults in the area and to effectively train teachers in order to maintain and improve the necessary level of education. The Foundation also works on improving the social economic situation of the community by creating and promoting economic activities, reforestation, as well as agricultural and apicultural projects.
The Mission of Friends of Paradis des Indiens:
Our sole purpose is to raise $65,000 in 2024 to support Fondation Paradis des Indiens to fund:
- Teacher and Administrator Salaries – roughly $40,000 per year
- School Supplies and Books – roughly $18,500 per year
- Continuing Education Scholarships – roughly $6,500 per year
About Friends of Paradis des Indiens:
Friends of Paradis des Indiens, Inc. is a philanthropic, not for profit 501(c) (3) foundation based in Pompano Beach, Florida. We are dedicated to providing financial assistance to Fondation Paradis des Indiens in Abricots, Haiti. Funds are raised through individual donations and grants from organizations and various fundraising activities. The Board of Directors of Friends of Paradis des Indiens, Inc. consists of 7 volunteer members who never collect a salary.
History of Fondation Paradis des Indiens:
The Mission of Fondation Paradis des Indiens:
- To educate the area’s underprivileged children and adults.
- To effectively train teachers to maintain and improve the necessary level of education.
- To improve the community by creating economic opportunities through entrepreneurship, reforestation, agriculture and beekeeping projects.